Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys
What started as a test question for our new San Francisco Cycle Club Manager became an interesting and somewhat telling all-company challenge.
Who are your top five cyclists, living or dead, retired or currently racing?
Before you take the challenge yourself, here are a few things you should know going into it:
1) It is next to impossible to get your list to five. As soon as you put your five down, you will likely say "…Oh yeah, and him, him, and I love him…." I wrote my list and immediately added another ten that I wish I could have squeezed into my top five.
2) Your five appears to be a reflection of your draw to the sport and perhaps a tell as to how you see yourself as a rider. Lists seem to be weighted either towards the direction of Classic hard-men or towards the more elegant Grand Tour racers. The brutal grace of Eddy Merckx tends to have him on lists from both camps.
3) Everyone loves Jens Voigt. Well, not everyone, but most everyone. Jens and riders like Jens who suffer and excite tend to have universal respect and admiration.
Here is a sampling of responses to get you thinking about your own top five:
Simon Mottram, Rapha Founder
John Herety, Team Director, Rapha-Condor-Sharp
Lucienne Van Impe
Jeremy Dunn, Rapha N.A.
Graeme Raeburn, Rapha Designer
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC