Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys
What started as a test question for our new San Francisco Cycle Club Manager became an interesting and somewhat telling all-company challenge.
Who are your top five cyclists, living or dead, retired or currently racing?
Before you take the challenge yourself, here are a few things you should know going into it:
1) It is next to impossible to get your list to five. As soon as you put your five down, you will likely say "…Oh yeah, and him, him, and I love him…." I wrote my list and immediately added another ten that I wish I could have squeezed into my top five.
2) Your five appears to be a reflection of your draw to the sport and perhaps a tell as to how you see yourself as a rider. Lists seem to be weighted either towards the direction of Classic hard-men or towards the more elegant Grand Tour racers. The brutal grace of Eddy Merckx tends to have him on lists from both camps.
3) Everyone loves Jens Voigt. Well, not everyone, but most everyone. Jens and riders like Jens who suffer and excite tend to have universal respect and admiration.
Here is a sampling of responses to get you thinking about your own top five:
Simon Mottram, Rapha Founder
John Herety, Team Director, Rapha-Condor-Sharp
Lucienne Van Impe
Jeremy Dunn, Rapha N.A.
Graeme Raeburn, Rapha Designer
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…