We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
My Favourite Jersey
“Do you only own one jersey?”
I get quite a lot of stick during the warmer months because I tend to wear the same short-sleeved jersey as much as I possibly can. Yes, I own alternative jerseys, and very fine jerseys they are too, but this one takes pride over all the others.
I’ve owned my favourite jersey for nearly five years and, whilst I’ve waited patiently for the Rapha product team to reinstate this particular one into the range, I don’t mind if it doesn’t happen. It’s still going strong and the only signs of its age (and heavy usage) is a slight cracking in the flocked lettering. Besides, I’m a fan of the more “lived-in” aesthetic. Like a favourite pair of jeans or shoes, it gets better with age and my jersey shows no sign of nearing retirement.
Me and this jersey have ridden in some spectacular places and whilst yes, I love the colour and the associations with the classic type on the front, “BRIVE-AGEN” (the Tour stage where, in 1951, Hugo Koblet rode off from a bunch containing Coppi, Bobet etc. and stayed away for 135km for the win), something about putting the jersey on gives me an extra kick. Of course, I’m no Hugo Koblet, but just a tiny fragment of my mind may feel I have the panache and verve of the Pedaller of Charm when I wear this jersey, and we all know that psychology plays a large part in any ride. Feeling good in your garments is half the battle, and if you can comb your hair whilst overtaking someone on a climb, chapeaux.
Undoubtedly it’s a classic design and I like the colour, yet I’ve ridden several major cols in this jersey and I always seem to have a good day on the bike when I put it on. There’s certainly more than an element of sportsman’s superstition there but I can’t help it, the writing is on the wall (or just below the chest). So here’s to you, my beloved Club Jersey, may we spend many more happy hours on the road together.
See the current collection of Rapha jerseys » www.rapha.cc/shop/jerseys
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…