Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
My Favourite Jersey
“Do you only own one jersey?”
I get quite a lot of stick during the warmer months because I tend to wear the same short-sleeved jersey as much as I possibly can. Yes, I own alternative jerseys, and very fine jerseys they are too, but this one takes pride over all the others.
I’ve owned my favourite jersey for nearly five years and, whilst I’ve waited patiently for the Rapha product team to reinstate this particular one into the range, I don’t mind if it doesn’t happen. It’s still going strong and the only signs of its age (and heavy usage) is a slight cracking in the flocked lettering. Besides, I’m a fan of the more “lived-in” aesthetic. Like a favourite pair of jeans or shoes, it gets better with age and my jersey shows no sign of nearing retirement.
Me and this jersey have ridden in some spectacular places and whilst yes, I love the colour and the associations with the classic type on the front, “BRIVE-AGEN” (the Tour stage where, in 1951, Hugo Koblet rode off from a bunch containing Coppi, Bobet etc. and stayed away for 135km for the win), something about putting the jersey on gives me an extra kick. Of course, I’m no Hugo Koblet, but just a tiny fragment of my mind may feel I have the panache and verve of the Pedaller of Charm when I wear this jersey, and we all know that psychology plays a large part in any ride. Feeling good in your garments is half the battle, and if you can comb your hair whilst overtaking someone on a climb, chapeaux.
Undoubtedly it’s a classic design and I like the colour, yet I’ve ridden several major cols in this jersey and I always seem to have a good day on the bike when I put it on. There’s certainly more than an element of sportsman’s superstition there but I can’t help it, the writing is on the wall (or just below the chest). So here’s to you, my beloved Club Jersey, may we spend many more happy hours on the road together.
See the current collection of Rapha jerseys » www.rapha.cc/shop/jerseys
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb