We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Music on the Road I
On every road trip that I've ever been on music has always been a focus. The Rapha Continental tour around the US was no exception. In fact, we probably experienced it to an even greater degree.
Music can enhance an experience or provide a necessary escape. Music has a memory, just hearing a song or set of lyrics can take you right back to a moment in time (e.g. singing along and pounding to air drums as Phil Collins cranks through the stereo; this really happened on a particularly long and boring drive through the Upper Peninsula of Michigan), but at the same time, music can also be another method of escape. As the minutes turn into hours and the hours turn into days, placing your headphones over your ears may be the only way to escape the cramped van - to escape it all.
In an effort to fully disclose the nature of our experiences on the road we have put together a collection of songs inspired by our travels through the States. They are relevant to and inspired by the particular rides, regions, and roads experienced thus far on the Rapha Continental tour. For the next three Wednesdays we will be adding a new playlist to the collection.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb