We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
So we head for the Pyrenees this weekend and a much-anticipated showdown between Contador and Schleck. Will they be listening to the buzzing in their ears coming from the team car, or using their initiative to crack their opponents? To quote maverick climber and master of the Pyrenees, Robert Millar, from issue 18 of Rouleur:
“In reality, climbing mountains has always been more about feeling and sensations than doing as you are told by an electronic device or a know-it-all at the side of the road.”
Not a heart monitor in sight on the Scot’s debut Tour in 1983, with victory in next Monday’s finish town of Bagnères-de-Luchon taken with all the style and panache of a man working on gut instinct. If the two-time King of the Mountains’ acceleration on the Peyresourde to drop Jiminez was spectacular, his descent into Luchon was absolutely jaw-dropping. Watch Millar fly on Stage 10 of the 1983 TdF»
To hell with your computers, power meters and race radios. Feel is everything in the mountains.
Brought to you by Rouleur magazine.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS