Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
So we head for the Pyrenees this weekend and a much-anticipated showdown between Contador and Schleck. Will they be listening to the buzzing in their ears coming from the team car, or using their initiative to crack their opponents? To quote maverick climber and master of the Pyrenees, Robert Millar, from issue 18 of Rouleur:
“In reality, climbing mountains has always been more about feeling and sensations than doing as you are told by an electronic device or a know-it-all at the side of the road.”
Not a heart monitor in sight on the Scot’s debut Tour in 1983, with victory in next Monday’s finish town of Bagnères-de-Luchon taken with all the style and panache of a man working on gut instinct. If the two-time King of the Mountains’ acceleration on the Peyresourde to drop Jiminez was spectacular, his descent into Luchon was absolutely jaw-dropping. Watch Millar fly on Stage 10 of the 1983 TdF»
To hell with your computers, power meters and race radios. Feel is everything in the mountains.
Brought to you by Rouleur magazine.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!