We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
So we head for the Pyrenees this weekend and a much-anticipated showdown between Contador and Schleck. Will they be listening to the buzzing in their ears coming from the team car, or using their initiative to crack their opponents? To quote maverick climber and master of the Pyrenees, Robert Millar, from issue 18 of Rouleur:
“In reality, climbing mountains has always been more about feeling and sensations than doing as you are told by an electronic device or a know-it-all at the side of the road.”
Not a heart monitor in sight on the Scot’s debut Tour in 1983, with victory in next Monday’s finish town of Bagnères-de-Luchon taken with all the style and panache of a man working on gut instinct. If the two-time King of the Mountains’ acceleration on the Peyresourde to drop Jiminez was spectacular, his descent into Luchon was absolutely jaw-dropping. Watch Millar fly on Stage 10 of the 1983 TdF»
To hell with your computers, power meters and race radios. Feel is everything in the mountains.
Brought to you by Rouleur magazine.
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/TfWWoTG1ge
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…