We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Every time a holiday rolls around our inboxes are full to the brim with gift buying guides. We delivered ours on Wednesday (you can use the code MOTHER12 at checkout this weekend for 20% off women's products). We reached out to a few of our friends to see what they were doing for their mothers. There was a cycling theme that ran through the gift giving, whether it was the young racer thinking about her mother that had raised a family of cyclists, a husband and his love for the mother of their children, or a heartwarming anecdote of the racer and his realization that his mother was one as well. Shopping for Mother may quickly be over but that doesn't mean you should stop thinking about the one who brought you into the world, and besides, mothers can always use a great gift, no matter what time of year.
Jon Woodroof - Husband, proprietor TWOTONEATL.COM
"Wherever your marriage is going, riding a tandem will get you there faster."
My wife and I met through cycling and though our common ground extends much deeper, bikes have always brought us closer to each other. Now family time is very often also bike time. But Mother's Day isn't about bikes, and only technically about family, it is really all about Moms. Mothers are notorious for thinking of everyone else's well being before themselves. My wife is a mom that commutes by bike, the Women's Merino Jersey is a solid step towards ensuring my concern for my wife's comfort whilst riding is not derailed by purchasing something she'd never wear. I know not everyone adores flouro all the time. When buying for mom, lean towards timeless. Seasons change and what better material to suit that then merino?
Every Mom deserves acknowledgment this Sunday. My plan is to make this Mother's Day more memorable and to honor the most important woman in my life by making something special with my 2 year old son for his mom that she's sure to treasure forever. Maybe we will give it to her after a ride somewhere together. Happy Mother's day Stacey!
Julie Krasniak - Daughter, Professional Bike Racer
My Mom is a mother of bicycle racers. She is also the wife of a racer, the daughter of racer and the sister of a bicycle racer. Yet she would never consider racing herself. She has spent almost twenty years at the side of the road or a dirt track. She has been there to hug after defeat, to kiss after victory and of course to clean the injuries. There is only one thing that she says to me now: "when you do think about retiring from racing, please, do sport for yourself, the competition it’s too stressful for your Mother."
But, even with all the training and racing that is happening, I still have to find a gift.
Option 1: Essentials Case
Your Mom is a woman, she knows how use a mini-leather bag.
Option 2: Rapha Tote Bag
Your Mom have a lot of bags, because she absolutely needs all of them. The Tote Bag is new, and I have just tested it for week-end in the South of France. Picture it along the water in Saint Tropez, shopping, the grocery store and of course it is great for pre-race needs. Plus, it is just enough big to put everything you need for everything you do. (See photo above.)
Adnan Kadir - Owner, Operator LifeCycle Adventure Tours
One day, many months after I began racing my bike, I came home tired, wet, and hungry from training. My Mum watched as I ate warm soup that she had prepared for me. She seemed somewhat preoccupied. After a few minutes, she said, "You know, cycle racing runs in your family."
I had no idea. I had come to the bike on my own, with no particular encouragement or discouragement from my parents. I had been crazy about bikes for what seemed like forever. As I ate my soup, my mum recounted stories of 200km training rides, the fierce Danish wind, and multiple national championships. My mum was a champion bike racer.
A few things that I know my Mum would appreciate for Mother's Day:
LifeCycle Adventures trip for two (so my father can come with her) to the Willamette Valley. A box of Leonidas Belgian Chocolates because what mother doesn't love Belgian Chocolate? Plus a pound of Heart Coffee, only the best from Portland, Oregon. And of course, a White Rapha Silk Scarf.
So, whether your plans for the weekend include a bike ride like one of the Cyclofemme rides taking place around the world, or a simple jaunt through the park, consider some of these options for your Mother's Day gift buying, but whatever the case, remember that this day belongs to that special lady. Happy Mother's Day.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.