We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
More From Hell…
Myself, Simon Mottram and Guy Andrews made another venture into Hertfordshire on Wednesday to recce more of the Hell of the North route. We assumed it couldn't get any soggier than last week but the delightful English weather surprised us yet again. Damp drizzle didn't stop us, however. In fact, we discovered some interesting tracks and lanes to include for April 11th. Pot holes, puddles and quagmires were encountered but we all stayed upright.
Mottram and Andrews discuss the route
Although Mr. Andrews, editor of Rouleur, made initial grumbles about the prospect of riding bridleways and non-tarmac footpaths in the most sodden of conditions he agreed, against his "better judgement", that it was a right old laugh. Roll on Roubaix Sunday.
Single file please
HELL OF THE NORTH COMPETITION
There has only been one puncture endured (me) so far on our recces of the route. We of course anticipate there will be a few flats come Sunday 11th April.
We have kindly been given a signed jersey by Juan Antonio Flecha, seasoned classics rider for Team Sky, and will be awarding it to the rider with the most punctures on Sunday 11th April. Proof will have to be carried to the finish.
© Timm Kölln & Rouleur Flecha - Winter Ride: Facing the Summit
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.