Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
More From Hell…
Myself, Simon Mottram and Guy Andrews made another venture into Hertfordshire on Wednesday to recce more of the Hell of the North route. We assumed it couldn't get any soggier than last week but the delightful English weather surprised us yet again. Damp drizzle didn't stop us, however. In fact, we discovered some interesting tracks and lanes to include for April 11th. Pot holes, puddles and quagmires were encountered but we all stayed upright.
Mottram and Andrews discuss the route
Although Mr. Andrews, editor of Rouleur, made initial grumbles about the prospect of riding bridleways and non-tarmac footpaths in the most sodden of conditions he agreed, against his "better judgement", that it was a right old laugh. Roll on Roubaix Sunday.
Single file please
HELL OF THE NORTH COMPETITION
There has only been one puncture endured (me) so far on our recces of the route. We of course anticipate there will be a few flats come Sunday 11th April.
We have kindly been given a signed jersey by Juan Antonio Flecha, seasoned classics rider for Team Sky, and will be awarding it to the rider with the most punctures on Sunday 11th April. Proof will have to be carried to the finish.
© Timm Kölln & Rouleur Flecha - Winter Ride: Facing the Summit
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.