We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
More From Hell…
Myself, Simon Mottram and Guy Andrews made another venture into Hertfordshire on Wednesday to recce more of the Hell of the North route. We assumed it couldn't get any soggier than last week but the delightful English weather surprised us yet again. Damp drizzle didn't stop us, however. In fact, we discovered some interesting tracks and lanes to include for April 11th. Pot holes, puddles and quagmires were encountered but we all stayed upright.
Mottram and Andrews discuss the route
Although Mr. Andrews, editor of Rouleur, made initial grumbles about the prospect of riding bridleways and non-tarmac footpaths in the most sodden of conditions he agreed, against his "better judgement", that it was a right old laugh. Roll on Roubaix Sunday.
Single file please
HELL OF THE NORTH COMPETITION
There has only been one puncture endured (me) so far on our recces of the route. We of course anticipate there will be a few flats come Sunday 11th April.
We have kindly been given a signed jersey by Juan Antonio Flecha, seasoned classics rider for Team Sky, and will be awarding it to the rider with the most punctures on Sunday 11th April. Proof will have to be carried to the finish.
© Timm Kölln & Rouleur Flecha - Winter Ride: Facing the Summit
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Will all these numbers be able to wear the coveted t-shirt in one weeks time? #menoftheras #ras2013 http://t.co/ai1oqnDIyh
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.