We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
More From Hell…
Myself, Simon Mottram and Guy Andrews made another venture into Hertfordshire on Wednesday to recce more of the Hell of the North route. We assumed it couldn't get any soggier than last week but the delightful English weather surprised us yet again. Damp drizzle didn't stop us, however. In fact, we discovered some interesting tracks and lanes to include for April 11th. Pot holes, puddles and quagmires were encountered but we all stayed upright.
Mottram and Andrews discuss the route
Although Mr. Andrews, editor of Rouleur, made initial grumbles about the prospect of riding bridleways and non-tarmac footpaths in the most sodden of conditions he agreed, against his "better judgement", that it was a right old laugh. Roll on Roubaix Sunday.
Single file please
HELL OF THE NORTH COMPETITION
There has only been one puncture endured (me) so far on our recces of the route. We of course anticipate there will be a few flats come Sunday 11th April.
We have kindly been given a signed jersey by Juan Antonio Flecha, seasoned classics rider for Team Sky, and will be awarding it to the rider with the most punctures on Sunday 11th April. Proof will have to be carried to the finish.
© Timm Kölln & Rouleur Flecha - Winter Ride: Facing the Summit
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC