We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Winning the Hell of the North an unprecedented four times (1972, ’74, ’75, ’77), the Belgian is regarded by many as the best classics rider in the history of the sport. De Vlaeminck’s cyclocross skills and experience riding his native Flandrian cobbles made him an expert on the pavé of northern France and, being Belgian, he was hard as nails. Coined by the French (somewhat derogatorily) as 'The Gypsy', he rode Paris-Roubaix 14 times in his career and also finished second four times.
Not only did he ride Paris-Roubaix to a record number of victories, he also claimed top spot at Milan-San Remo on three occasions, bagged a Tour of Flanders win, won the Giro di Lombardia twice, as well as winning Liège–Bastogne–Liège. Only Rik Van Looy and Eddy Merckx have also won all five of these Monuments.
We encourage you to grow sideburns in time for April 11th.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN