We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Winning the Hell of the North an unprecedented four times (1972, ’74, ’75, ’77), the Belgian is regarded by many as the best classics rider in the history of the sport. De Vlaeminck’s cyclocross skills and experience riding his native Flandrian cobbles made him an expert on the pavé of northern France and, being Belgian, he was hard as nails. Coined by the French (somewhat derogatorily) as 'The Gypsy', he rode Paris-Roubaix 14 times in his career and also finished second four times.
Not only did he ride Paris-Roubaix to a record number of victories, he also claimed top spot at Milan-San Remo on three occasions, bagged a Tour of Flanders win, won the Giro di Lombardia twice, as well as winning Liège–Bastogne–Liège. Only Rik Van Looy and Eddy Merckx have also won all five of these Monuments.
We encourage you to grow sideburns in time for April 11th.
- Last Night: http://t.co/K8ZACmUGGK
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX