We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Incorporating some microbursts into your aerobic training rides will help build your neuromuscular efficiency and stave off the boredom of long rides.
During a medium to long endurance ride you can include 10-20 ‘microbursts’. For these, ride at about 80-90% of max effort (so it’s a little short of an all-out sprint), but only for 8-10 seconds. Cadence should be 100rpm+. These will break up the monotony of the long ride and do wonders for your neuromuscular response or the speed with which your brain talks to your muscles and recruits them into action. So long as the intervals are 10 seconds or below you’ll still be getting the aerobic endurance focus of the ride. Make sure you have at least 5 minutes between each microburst. Spread them out through over the course of the ride and use a variety of gears whilst maintain a cadence of over 100rpm.
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.