We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Incorporating some microbursts into your aerobic training rides will help build your neuromuscular efficiency and stave off the boredom of long rides.
During a medium to long endurance ride you can include 10-20 ‘microbursts’. For these, ride at about 80-90% of max effort (so it’s a little short of an all-out sprint), but only for 8-10 seconds. Cadence should be 100rpm+. These will break up the monotony of the long ride and do wonders for your neuromuscular response or the speed with which your brain talks to your muscles and recruits them into action. So long as the intervals are 10 seconds or below you’ll still be getting the aerobic endurance focus of the ride. Make sure you have at least 5 minutes between each microburst. Spread them out through over the course of the ride and use a variety of gears whilst maintain a cadence of over 100rpm.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP
- RT @racefietsblog: Leuk, de Alpe d' Quiz van @RaphaRacing is begonnen! 3 weken elke dag een andere prijs http://t.co/QiWhfY8hXy @rapha_euro…
- The @rapharacing #festive500 is back. Once again we challenge riders worldwide to clock 500km between 24-31 Dec. → http://t.co/HmgDlUJTiI
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k