[ locale string ]
Incorporating some microbursts into your aerobic training rides will help build your neuromuscular efficiency and stave off the boredom of long rides.
During a medium to long endurance ride you can include 10-20 ‘microbursts’. For these, ride at about 80-90% of max effort (so it’s a little short of an all-out sprint), but only for 8-10 seconds. Cadence should be 100rpm+. These will break up the monotony of the long ride and do wonders for your neuromuscular response or the speed with which your brain talks to your muscles and recruits them into action. So long as the intervals are 10 seconds or below you’ll still be getting the aerobic endurance focus of the ride. Make sure you have at least 5 minutes between each microburst. Spread them out through over the course of the ride and use a variety of gears whilst maintain a cadence of over 100rpm.
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP