We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Incorporating some microbursts into your aerobic training rides will help build your neuromuscular efficiency and stave off the boredom of long rides.
During a medium to long endurance ride you can include 10-20 ‘microbursts’. For these, ride at about 80-90% of max effort (so it’s a little short of an all-out sprint), but only for 8-10 seconds. Cadence should be 100rpm+. These will break up the monotony of the long ride and do wonders for your neuromuscular response or the speed with which your brain talks to your muscles and recruits them into action. So long as the intervals are 10 seconds or below you’ll still be getting the aerobic endurance focus of the ride. Make sure you have at least 5 minutes between each microburst. Spread them out through over the course of the ride and use a variety of gears whilst maintain a cadence of over 100rpm.
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq