We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop
Mellow Johnny's is a bike shop first and foremost. But it could also be described as "an experience." Just sit near the door and watch the people that come in. Looks of wonder, amazement and sheer feeling will be evoked. And it is all because of one man. We don't even need to mention his name, as we're all talking about the same person.
Cancer survivors and friends and family members of victims of Cancer come from all over the world just to set foot in this bike shop. Maybe shrine, or grotto would be a better word for it? This works too because of the way that the shop is set up.
Old Motorola team bikes, Yellow Jersey's, commemorative ride posters line the walls of the bathroom TT disc wheels designed by graffiti artists. Its all there.
However there is a little something for everyone at MJ's. Coffee if you need it from Juan Pelota Café, maybe a personal training session from former Postal Service rider Kevin Livingston? Or if that's not your cup of tea take a peruse through the Gallery in the basement. Currently showing there are photographs from the Tour de France in an exhibit aptly titled Le Tour by Brent Humphreys. Which is where these photos live.There are some nice bikes down there too.
Chances are, if you also need a flat tire fixed, while you're waiting for your coffee or a former Tour de France racer to make up a training plan for you, well, I bet they can do that too.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb