We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop
First and foremost, Mellow Johnny's is a bike shop. But it could also be described as an “experience". Just sit near the door and watch the people that come in, the looks of wonder, amazement and sheer feeling the shop evokes. And it’s all because of one man. We don't even need to mention his name.
Cancer survivors and friends and family members of victims of cancer come from all over the world just to set foot in this bike shop. Maybe shrine, or grotto would be a better word for it, an effect created because of the way the shop is set up.
It’s all there, old Motorola team bikes, yellow jerseys and commemorative ride posters line the walls of the bathroom, alongside TT disc wheels designed by graffiti artists.
There’s a little something for everyone at MJ's. Coffee from Juan Pelota Café, maybe a personal training session from former Postal Service rider Kevin Livingston? If that's not your cup of tea, why not peruse the images on display in the Gallery in the basement. Currently showing are photographs from the Tour de France in an exhibit aptly titled Le Tour by Brent Humphreys. There are some nice bikes down there, too.
Or if you just need a flat tire fixed, then while you're waiting for your coffee, or for a former Tour de France racer to make up a training plan for you, I bet they can do that as well.
- Last Night: http://t.co/K8ZACmUGGK
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX