[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop
First and foremost, Mellow Johnny's is a bike shop. But it could also be described as an “experience". Just sit near the door and watch the people that come in, the looks of wonder, amazement and sheer feeling the shop evokes. And it’s all because of one man. We don't even need to mention his name.
Cancer survivors and friends and family members of victims of cancer come from all over the world just to set foot in this bike shop. Maybe shrine, or grotto would be a better word for it, an effect created because of the way the shop is set up.
It’s all there, old Motorola team bikes, yellow jerseys and commemorative ride posters line the walls of the bathroom, alongside TT disc wheels designed by graffiti artists.
There’s a little something for everyone at MJ's. Coffee from Juan Pelota Café, maybe a personal training session from former Postal Service rider Kevin Livingston? If that's not your cup of tea, why not peruse the images on display in the Gallery in the basement. Currently showing are photographs from the Tour de France in an exhibit aptly titled Le Tour by Brent Humphreys. There are some nice bikes down there, too.
Or if you just need a flat tire fixed, then while you're waiting for your coffee, or for a former Tour de France racer to make up a training plan for you, I bet they can do that as well.
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX