Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop
First and foremost, Mellow Johnny's is a bike shop. But it could also be described as an “experience". Just sit near the door and watch the people that come in, the looks of wonder, amazement and sheer feeling the shop evokes. And it’s all because of one man. We don't even need to mention his name.
Cancer survivors and friends and family members of victims of cancer come from all over the world just to set foot in this bike shop. Maybe shrine, or grotto would be a better word for it, an effect created because of the way the shop is set up.
It’s all there, old Motorola team bikes, yellow jerseys and commemorative ride posters line the walls of the bathroom, alongside TT disc wheels designed by graffiti artists.
There’s a little something for everyone at MJ's. Coffee from Juan Pelota Café, maybe a personal training session from former Postal Service rider Kevin Livingston? If that's not your cup of tea, why not peruse the images on display in the Gallery in the basement. Currently showing are photographs from the Tour de France in an exhibit aptly titled Le Tour by Brent Humphreys. There are some nice bikes down there, too.
Or if you just need a flat tire fixed, then while you're waiting for your coffee, or for a former Tour de France racer to make up a training plan for you, I bet they can do that as well.
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: LDN: great to have @DanMartin86 as guest barista in the club this afternoon. http://t.co/IeCC0HKuKr
- Part Two from @RigoZimmerman's series, ‘The Winter’ is now available to read → http://t.co/GIl5Kj9Sfy • Part One → http://t.co/8IclbHCHcc
- As teased at the weekend, Rapha is pleased to welcome the return of Alpe d’Quiz, three weeks of… http://t.co/od3pWXomm9
- The 2013 edition of Alpe d’Quiz is now underway. For a chance to win a Rapha Backpack + Rain Cover, enter here → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Inspired by the 21 bends of Alpe d'Huez, we bring back Alpe d’Quiz with a Rapha prize to be won each day. Enter now → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @joneaves No problem Jon, we do our best. Thanks for the feedback.
- Our very own "Super-knecht" @grutte_bear leaves us today to return to his homeland of Holland. So, we… http://t.co/sSULSkWcRw
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: The new @rapharacing Cross Transfer Jacket has great details. Which is why we’ll take #oneoftheseplease http://t.…