We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Mark Cavendish: The Brand
During World War II pin up girls were painted on bombers as a means of boosting the ‘esprit de corps’ of the airmen flying into battle. This year at the Tour de France Mark Cavendish, the British sprint specialist who won a record six stages, sported a signature graphic inspired by such paintings.
Justin Greenleaf, the man who designed the concept, told us:
“The girl wasn’t intentionally based on a real person, but during the design process, Scott asked me to alter her hair, face and eyes. After it was finished, I saw by chance a photo of Mark’s girlfriend, and was pretty shocked at the accidental similarity.”
Mark Cavendish - The Brand copyright Justin Greenleaf
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…