We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Mark Cavendish: The Brand
During World War II pin up girls were painted on bombers as a means of boosting the ‘esprit de corps’ of the airmen flying into battle. This year at the Tour de France Mark Cavendish, the British sprint specialist who won a record six stages, sported a signature graphic inspired by such paintings.
Justin Greenleaf, the man who designed the concept, told us:
“The girl wasn’t intentionally based on a real person, but during the design process, Scott asked me to alter her hair, face and eyes. After it was finished, I saw by chance a photo of Mark’s girlfriend, and was pretty shocked at the accidental similarity.”
Mark Cavendish - The Brand copyright Justin Greenleaf
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb