We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Mark Cavendish: The Brand
During World War II pin up girls were painted on bombers as a means of boosting the ‘esprit de corps’ of the airmen flying into battle. This year at the Tour de France Mark Cavendish, the British sprint specialist who won a record six stages, sported a signature graphic inspired by such paintings.
Justin Greenleaf, the man who designed the concept, told us:
“The girl wasn’t intentionally based on a real person, but during the design process, Scott asked me to alter her hair, face and eyes. After it was finished, I saw by chance a photo of Mark’s girlfriend, and was pretty shocked at the accidental similarity.”
Mark Cavendish - The Brand copyright Justin Greenleaf
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq