We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Mark Cavendish: The Brand
During World War II pin up girls were painted on bombers as a means of boosting the ‘esprit de corps’ of the airmen flying into battle. This year at the Tour de France Mark Cavendish, the British sprint specialist who won a record six stages, sported a signature graphic inspired by such paintings.
Justin Greenleaf, the man who designed the concept, told us:
“The girl wasn’t intentionally based on a real person, but during the design process, Scott asked me to alter her hair, face and eyes. After it was finished, I saw by chance a photo of Mark’s girlfriend, and was pretty shocked at the accidental similarity.”
Mark Cavendish - The Brand copyright Justin Greenleaf
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.