We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The newest edition of Bicycling Magazine showed up the other day. At first I was enthralled with the section about new Cyclocross bikes. That kept me busy for a minute contemplating what tyre choices I needed for the upcoming season.
Then I saw the name Camille McMillan at the top of one of the articles. Wait, isn't he one of the photographers for that prestigious Rouleur Magazine? Indeed.
The article itself is a behind the scenes look at the racer lifestyle and follows Columbia High Road racer Michael Barry through his day to day routine. An interesting take on the professional sporting lifestyle for sure. Must have been during the early days of the Columbia team though as all the jersey's are a pale blue and not the white with fake abdominal muscles that were seen on Cav at Le Tour this year.
Not to mention that Camille's photos take this issue of Bicycling to another level. Pair that with Bill Strickland's article about the Contador/Armstrong affair and you actually have some great material.
Then I turned to the front of the new Road Magazine. There they have a section titled "Randomness of Road." James Huang one of the Tech Editors over at Cyclingnews.com was featured sporting some Rapha action. James recently did a review of the Rapha Lightweight Jersey and it looks like this photo is of him out testing it. No idea where he's doing his testing but it looks like great scenery.
Then, two pages later saw a reprint of the photo spread highlighting the new Paul Smith sponsorship for the Rapha Condor guys. "Good on you" as they say.
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP
- RT @racefietsblog: Leuk, de Alpe d' Quiz van @RaphaRacing is begonnen! 3 weken elke dag een andere prijs http://t.co/QiWhfY8hXy @rapha_euro…
- The @rapharacing #festive500 is back. Once again we challenge riders worldwide to clock 500km between 24-31 Dec. → http://t.co/HmgDlUJTiI