We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Made In Oregon
Looking back through photos from the NAHBS two things were instantly apparent. One, was that we did not provide enough coverage of the event. Something that could have been because of the good times that were being had, possibly. The second was that the Oregon representation at the North American Handmade Bicycle Show was above average as per usual. Laugh and jest as you may, but this great state has a bit more to offer than even we could capture at one little bike show.
Our friends from Chris King were there. They make very nice products all around. It was especially nice to see this Cielo bike in the University of Oregon Ducks colors.
Titanium etched headtubes and sweet builds from Vertigo Cycles.
Signal Cycles rolled out their "Saltzman" bike (see above), which takes its name from a popular local trail just outside of Portland.
Bronto Bikes are made in Springfield, Oregon. These look nice too. Big fan of their Reverend 29er with the curvy seattube.
Corsa Concepts were showing their fancy wheels off at more than one booth. In fact I maybe counted three. Really big fan of these black on black decals that were in the CK booth. That they are doing these one off colors for for their customers and showbikes makes me hopeful that the days of huge awful decals are nearing their end.
Fair Wheel Podium, who just opened a gallery space here in downtown Portland had a collaboration bike in the Parlee booth.
But there was more than even my little camera could capture, like the entirety of the Vanilla/Speedvagen Booth. Keith Anderson's (Grant's Pass, Oregon) paint jobs, on the other hand, were all over the place, including on one on Mark DiNucci's (Sisters, Oregon) Best In Show award winning bike. It pains me to even mention that I missed spending some time in the Desalvo booth as well, that guy makes fantastic! tig welded machines. There was just not enough time*.
But, in our booth, we could definitely not escape the connection to our home state. River City (one of our dealers here in Portland) loaned us the use of one of their most fantastic employees and badass racer - Amy Campbell - to help us shoot the Women's line this year and found herself on the graphics at the top of one of the plinth's in the booth (new word for me too.)
*Apologies to anyone that has been left off this list as I am sure that there will be a few.
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG