[ locale string ]
Made In Oregon
Looking back through photos from the NAHBS two things were instantly apparent. One, was that we did not provide enough coverage of the event. Something that could have been because of the good times that were being had, possibly. The second was that the Oregon representation at the North American Handmade Bicycle Show was above average as per usual. Laugh and jest as you may, but this great state has a bit more to offer than even we could capture at one little bike show.
Our friends from Chris King were there. They make very nice products all around. It was especially nice to see this Cielo bike in the University of Oregon Ducks colors.
Titanium etched headtubes and sweet builds from Vertigo Cycles.
Signal Cycles rolled out their "Saltzman" bike (see above), which takes its name from a popular local trail just outside of Portland.
Bronto Bikes are made in Springfield, Oregon. These look nice too. Big fan of their Reverend 29er with the curvy seattube.
Corsa Concepts were showing their fancy wheels off at more than one booth. In fact I maybe counted three. Really big fan of these black on black decals that were in the CK booth. That they are doing these one off colors for for their customers and showbikes makes me hopeful that the days of huge awful decals are nearing their end.
Fair Wheel Podium, who just opened a gallery space here in downtown Portland had a collaboration bike in the Parlee booth.
But there was more than even my little camera could capture, like the entirety of the Vanilla/Speedvagen Booth. Keith Anderson's (Grant's Pass, Oregon) paint jobs, on the other hand, were all over the place, including on one on Mark DiNucci's (Sisters, Oregon) Best In Show award winning bike. It pains me to even mention that I missed spending some time in the Desalvo booth as well, that guy makes fantastic! tig welded machines. There was just not enough time*.
But, in our booth, we could definitely not escape the connection to our home state. River City (one of our dealers here in Portland) loaned us the use of one of their most fantastic employees and badass racer - Amy Campbell - to help us shoot the Women's line this year and found herself on the graphics at the top of one of the plinth's in the booth (new word for me too.)
*Apologies to anyone that has been left off this list as I am sure that there will be a few.
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX