Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Mad Dogs and Mayhem
Perhaps we can finally lay to rest this idea that Fabian Cancellara rides around with an electric motor stuffed into his downtube after his thoroughly convincing win in the prologue. The only engine the big Swiss requires is inside his body – although the Tour officials have not scanned the current yellow jersey himself, so may be missing a trick there… Bradley Wiggins was, however, encumbered by wind and rain and perhaps a dodgy spark plug.
Tweet of the day on the subject goes to the always amusing Garmin boss Jonathan Vaughters, who suggested that X-rays of David Zabriskie’s bike had revealed no sign of a motor, but an eight-track cassette of the Eagles. If you don’t know what an eight-track is, ask your dad.
Finally, Sunday’s action involved mad dogs and mayhem, David Millar involved in the former, Mark Cavendish, the latter. The formally invincible Columbia lead-out appears to have lost its edge and other teams, notably Garmin, are now prepared to take them on. Expect more messy sprints and final-kilometre carnage in the next few days as Cavendish tries to make up the lost ground.
Courtesy of Rouleur magazine.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Will all these numbers be able to wear the coveted t-shirt in one weeks time? #menoftheras #ras2013 http://t.co/ai1oqnDIyh
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.