We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Mad Dogs and Mayhem
Perhaps we can finally lay to rest this idea that Fabian Cancellara rides around with an electric motor stuffed into his downtube after his thoroughly convincing win in the prologue. The only engine the big Swiss requires is inside his body – although the Tour officials have not scanned the current yellow jersey himself, so may be missing a trick there… Bradley Wiggins was, however, encumbered by wind and rain and perhaps a dodgy spark plug.
Tweet of the day on the subject goes to the always amusing Garmin boss Jonathan Vaughters, who suggested that X-rays of David Zabriskie’s bike had revealed no sign of a motor, but an eight-track cassette of the Eagles. If you don’t know what an eight-track is, ask your dad.
Finally, Sunday’s action involved mad dogs and mayhem, David Millar involved in the former, Mark Cavendish, the latter. The formally invincible Columbia lead-out appears to have lost its edge and other teams, notably Garmin, are now prepared to take them on. Expect more messy sprints and final-kilometre carnage in the next few days as Cavendish tries to make up the lost ground.
Courtesy of Rouleur magazine.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC