We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Mad Dogs and Mayhem
Perhaps we can finally lay to rest this idea that Fabian Cancellara rides around with an electric motor stuffed into his downtube after his thoroughly convincing win in the prologue. The only engine the big Swiss requires is inside his body – although the Tour officials have not scanned the current yellow jersey himself, so may be missing a trick there… Bradley Wiggins was, however, encumbered by wind and rain and perhaps a dodgy spark plug.
Tweet of the day on the subject goes to the always amusing Garmin boss Jonathan Vaughters, who suggested that X-rays of David Zabriskie’s bike had revealed no sign of a motor, but an eight-track cassette of the Eagles. If you don’t know what an eight-track is, ask your dad.
Finally, Sunday’s action involved mad dogs and mayhem, David Millar involved in the former, Mark Cavendish, the latter. The formally invincible Columbia lead-out appears to have lost its edge and other teams, notably Garmin, are now prepared to take them on. Expect more messy sprints and final-kilometre carnage in the next few days as Cavendish tries to make up the lost ground.
Courtesy of Rouleur magazine.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.