We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Mad Dogs and Mayhem
Perhaps we can finally lay to rest this idea that Fabian Cancellara rides around with an electric motor stuffed into his downtube after his thoroughly convincing win in the prologue. The only engine the big Swiss requires is inside his body – although the Tour officials have not scanned the current yellow jersey himself, so may be missing a trick there… Bradley Wiggins was, however, encumbered by wind and rain and perhaps a dodgy spark plug.
Tweet of the day on the subject goes to the always amusing Garmin boss Jonathan Vaughters, who suggested that X-rays of David Zabriskie’s bike had revealed no sign of a motor, but an eight-track cassette of the Eagles. If you don’t know what an eight-track is, ask your dad.
Finally, Sunday’s action involved mad dogs and mayhem, David Millar involved in the former, Mark Cavendish, the latter. The formally invincible Columbia lead-out appears to have lost its edge and other teams, notably Garmin, are now prepared to take them on. Expect more messy sprints and final-kilometre carnage in the next few days as Cavendish tries to make up the lost ground.
Courtesy of Rouleur magazine.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb