Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Mad Dogs and Mayhem
Perhaps we can finally lay to rest this idea that Fabian Cancellara rides around with an electric motor stuffed into his downtube after his thoroughly convincing win in the prologue. The only engine the big Swiss requires is inside his body – although the Tour officials have not scanned the current yellow jersey himself, so may be missing a trick there… Bradley Wiggins was, however, encumbered by wind and rain and perhaps a dodgy spark plug.
Tweet of the day on the subject goes to the always amusing Garmin boss Jonathan Vaughters, who suggested that X-rays of David Zabriskie’s bike had revealed no sign of a motor, but an eight-track cassette of the Eagles. If you don’t know what an eight-track is, ask your dad.
Finally, Sunday’s action involved mad dogs and mayhem, David Millar involved in the former, Mark Cavendish, the latter. The formally invincible Columbia lead-out appears to have lost its edge and other teams, notably Garmin, are now prepared to take them on. Expect more messy sprints and final-kilometre carnage in the next few days as Cavendish tries to make up the lost ground.
Courtesy of Rouleur magazine.
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0