We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Lunch Ride: VeloNews
To say that the VeloNews Lunch Ride is pretty fast is a bit of an understatement, as illustrated above. The speeding tickets that were issued after the descent down Lee Hill were expensive, but they go far in showing what is capable down the ever popular ending to this afternoon jaunt. What they do not show are two things that were also factors on this Wednesday — the heat and the hills (and the altitude and the attacks of the other riders.) This is one of those mid-day rides that wastes absolutely no time at all in ramping up right out of the gate. Luckily, the varied range of cyclists on the ride made for great banter and even better company. Plus, the spotting of a pair of sparkling white Grand Tour Shoes on a pre-Ride the Rockies Brian Dallas was enough to make anyone smile. Ride on fellow lunch riders.
Velonews world headquarters - Boulder, Colorado
Wednesdays 1pm - as long as the print deadline has been met.
The two hill climbs on this particular route, Lee Hill and Old Stage Road are very, very hard. Attack early, attack often. Wait at the top to re-group, then do it again.
Who founded the ride?
This was unclear, but Chris Case took both the KOM's and Leonard Zinn was in attendance. Brian Holcombe's post climb suffer-face was awesome, so was his early attack up Lee Hill.
Neal Rogers brought out his Hunter Cycles steel road bike. Apparently this road frame was the last frame to sport this particular set of decals. Very cool.
If it is hot, split off and head for home as we did. Otherwise, back to work. And don't forget to pay your speeding ticket.
Previous Lunch Rides:
If you wish to submit your lunch ride to the collection please send an email to email@example.com. Also, take a look at the continually updated schedule of the Rapha Mobile Cycle Club to see if Hennie will be in your neighborhood.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC