We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Lunch Ride: VeloNews
To say that the VeloNews Lunch Ride is pretty fast is a bit of an understatement, as illustrated above. The speeding tickets that were issued after the descent down Lee Hill were expensive, but they go far in showing what is capable down the ever popular ending to this afternoon jaunt. What they do not show are two things that were also factors on this Wednesday — the heat and the hills (and the altitude and the attacks of the other riders.) This is one of those mid-day rides that wastes absolutely no time at all in ramping up right out of the gate. Luckily, the varied range of cyclists on the ride made for great banter and even better company. Plus, the spotting of a pair of sparkling white Grand Tour Shoes on a pre-Ride the Rockies Brian Dallas was enough to make anyone smile. Ride on fellow lunch riders.
Velonews world headquarters - Boulder, Colorado
Wednesdays 1pm - as long as the print deadline has been met.
The two hill climbs on this particular route, Lee Hill and Old Stage Road are very, very hard. Attack early, attack often. Wait at the top to re-group, then do it again.
Who founded the ride?
This was unclear, but Chris Case took both the KOM's and Leonard Zinn was in attendance. Brian Holcombe's post climb suffer-face was awesome, so was his early attack up Lee Hill.
Neal Rogers brought out his Hunter Cycles steel road bike. Apparently this road frame was the last frame to sport this particular set of decals. Very cool.
If it is hot, split off and head for home as we did. Otherwise, back to work. And don't forget to pay your speeding ticket.
Previous Lunch Rides:
If you wish to submit your lunch ride to the collection please send an email to email@example.com. Also, take a look at the continually updated schedule of the Rapha Mobile Cycle Club to see if Hennie will be in your neighborhood.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS