Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Lunch Ride: VeloNews
To say that the VeloNews Lunch Ride is pretty fast is a bit of an understatement, as illustrated above. The speeding tickets that were issued after the descent down Lee Hill were expensive, but they go far in showing what is capable down the ever popular ending to this afternoon jaunt. What they do not show are two things that were also factors on this Wednesday — the heat and the hills (and the altitude and the attacks of the other riders.) This is one of those mid-day rides that wastes absolutely no time at all in ramping up right out of the gate. Luckily, the varied range of cyclists on the ride made for great banter and even better company. Plus, the spotting of a pair of sparkling white Grand Tour Shoes on a pre-Ride the Rockies Brian Dallas was enough to make anyone smile. Ride on fellow lunch riders.
Velonews world headquarters - Boulder, Colorado
Wednesdays 1pm - as long as the print deadline has been met.
The two hill climbs on this particular route, Lee Hill and Old Stage Road are very, very hard. Attack early, attack often. Wait at the top to re-group, then do it again.
Who founded the ride?
This was unclear, but Chris Case took both the KOM's and Leonard Zinn was in attendance. Brian Holcombe's post climb suffer-face was awesome, so was his early attack up Lee Hill.
Neal Rogers brought out his Hunter Cycles steel road bike. Apparently this road frame was the last frame to sport this particular set of decals. Very cool.
If it is hot, split off and head for home as we did. Otherwise, back to work. And don't forget to pay your speeding ticket.
Previous Lunch Rides:
If you wish to submit your lunch ride to the collection please send an email to email@example.com. Also, take a look at the continually updated schedule of the Rapha Mobile Cycle Club to see if Hennie will be in your neighborhood.
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX