Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Lunch Ride: VeloNews
To say that the VeloNews Lunch Ride is pretty fast is a bit of an understatement, as illustrated above. The speeding tickets that were issued after the descent down Lee Hill were expensive, but they go far in showing what is capable down the ever popular ending to this afternoon jaunt. What they do not show are two things that were also factors on this Wednesday — the heat and the hills (and the altitude and the attacks of the other riders.) This is one of those mid-day rides that wastes absolutely no time at all in ramping up right out of the gate. Luckily, the varied range of cyclists on the ride made for great banter and even better company. Plus, the spotting of a pair of sparkling white Grand Tour Shoes on a pre-Ride the Rockies Brian Dallas was enough to make anyone smile. Ride on fellow lunch riders.
Velonews world headquarters - Boulder, Colorado
Wednesdays 1pm - as long as the print deadline has been met.
The two hill climbs on this particular route, Lee Hill and Old Stage Road are very, very hard. Attack early, attack often. Wait at the top to re-group, then do it again.
Who founded the ride?
This was unclear, but Chris Case took both the KOM's and Leonard Zinn was in attendance. Brian Holcombe's post climb suffer-face was awesome, so was his early attack up Lee Hill.
Neal Rogers brought out his Hunter Cycles steel road bike. Apparently this road frame was the last frame to sport this particular set of decals. Very cool.
If it is hot, split off and head for home as we did. Otherwise, back to work. And don't forget to pay your speeding ticket.
Previous Lunch Rides:
If you wish to submit your lunch ride to the collection please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, take a look at the continually updated schedule of the Rapha Mobile Cycle Club to see if Hennie will be in your neighborhood.
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX