We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Lunch Ride: VeloNews
To say that the VeloNews Lunch Ride is pretty fast is a bit of an understatement, as illustrated above. The speeding tickets that were issued after the descent down Lee Hill were expensive, but they go far in showing what is capable down the ever popular ending to this afternoon jaunt. What they do not show are two things that were also factors on this Wednesday — the heat and the hills (and the altitude and the attacks of the other riders.) This is one of those mid-day rides that wastes absolutely no time at all in ramping up right out of the gate. Luckily, the varied range of cyclists on the ride made for great banter and even better company. Plus, the spotting of a pair of sparkling white Grand Tour Shoes on a pre-Ride the Rockies Brian Dallas was enough to make anyone smile. Ride on fellow lunch riders.
Velonews world headquarters - Boulder, Colorado
Wednesdays 1pm - as long as the print deadline has been met.
The two hill climbs on this particular route, Lee Hill and Old Stage Road are very, very hard. Attack early, attack often. Wait at the top to re-group, then do it again.
Who founded the ride?
This was unclear, but Chris Case took both the KOM's and Leonard Zinn was in attendance. Brian Holcombe's post climb suffer-face was awesome, so was his early attack up Lee Hill.
Neal Rogers brought out his Hunter Cycles steel road bike. Apparently this road frame was the last frame to sport this particular set of decals. Very cool.
If it is hot, split off and head for home as we did. Otherwise, back to work. And don't forget to pay your speeding ticket.
Previous Lunch Rides:
If you wish to submit your lunch ride to the collection please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, take a look at the continually updated schedule of the Rapha Mobile Cycle Club to see if Hennie will be in your neighborhood.
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.