Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Lunch Ride: Oakley
At first glance, an 11-mile road loop may not seem that challenging. When you roll out and start the loop, however, do not be fooled by the shopping centers and huge intersections. Hidden within these hills is the 1984 Olympic Road Race course, one that would go on to define a whole era of cycling in the United States. Back then, they did a few more laps than the one that makes up the usual Lunch Ride from the Oakley HQ. That should not sway you from trying this ride for yourself. Find the finish line in Mission Viejo and you will also find a map of the entire route embedded into a lamp post. Steve Blick of Oakley, our good friend and ride leader, showed us the points of interest as we traversed one quick lap a few weeks ago. "This was the sight of the infamous illegal feed", or, "Over that hill is where Kobe lives". It is always good to do a new lunch ride with a leader as well-versed as Steve. As we happen to be in an Olympic year, if you find yourself on this ride, a sprint finish is mandatory.
People can be found riding it pretty much any day of the week, usually around noon.
Interesting Facts and Landmarks
The 1984 Olympic Road Race was won by American Alexi Grewal in a hotly contested sprint finish. See: Velominati article.
Next to Olympiad Road is Florence Griffith Joyner Olympic Park.
This ride comes equipped with its very own finish line built into the pavement in Mission Viejo.
Back to work! This is a lunch ride.
If you wish to submit your lunch ride to the collection please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, take a look at the continually updated schedule of the Rapha Mobile Cycle Club to see if Hennie will be in your neighborhood.
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq