We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
London Cycle Club Opening Night
All photos © James Purssell
The hotly anticipated Rapha Cycle Club London opened its doors to a big group of friends on Friday night. Over 350 people squeezed into the new place for some fine wine, beer, and a host of gourmet treats. The place was so busy, in fact, that many couldn't hear the accordion player hired to serenade the club-goers. One of the highlights of the evening was watching a replay of the day's Tour stage, a huge roar going up as the big screens showed Mark Cavendish rocket to victory in Brive-la-Gaillarde.
A nigh on perfect time to open the store, Saturday and Sunday saw more crowds flowing through the Club to watch Wiggins and company romp to an historical Tour de France win in Paris. British cycling couldn't really ask for more now could it? Champagne was handed out to folks on Sunday as Les Rosbifs celebrated in the French capital.
Rapha's flagship location in Soho in the heart of London will be serving up the finest cycling products, accessories, gourmet food, drink, coffee and, of course, live racing. Events and rides will also take place. For more info visit the Cycle Club page »
85 Brewer Street, London W1F 9ZN - map
Monday to Friday - 7.30am to 9pm
Saturday - 8.30am to 7pm
Sunday - 10am to 6pm
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.