We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
London Cycle Club Opening Night
All photos © James Purssell
The hotly anticipated Rapha Cycle Club London opened its doors to a big group of friends on Friday night. Over 350 people squeezed into the new place for some fine wine, beer, and a host of gourmet treats. The place was so busy, in fact, that many couldn't hear the accordion player hired to serenade the club-goers. One of the highlights of the evening was watching a replay of the day's Tour stage, a huge roar going up as the big screens showed Mark Cavendish rocket to victory in Brive-la-Gaillarde.
A nigh on perfect time to open the store, Saturday and Sunday saw more crowds flowing through the Club to watch Wiggins and company romp to an historical Tour de France win in Paris. British cycling couldn't really ask for more now could it? Champagne was handed out to folks on Sunday as Les Rosbifs celebrated in the French capital.
Rapha's flagship location in Soho in the heart of London will be serving up the finest cycling products, accessories, gourmet food, drink, coffee and, of course, live racing. Events and rides will also take place. For more info visit the Cycle Club page »
85 Brewer Street, London W1F 9ZN - map
Monday to Friday - 7.30am to 9pm
Saturday - 8.30am to 7pm
Sunday - 10am to 6pm
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq