Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Illustration by Jack Saunders
As a road cyclist you either shave your legs or your friends assume you do. I have a running joke with my more conservative fraternity brothers from college about it, often reminding them: "I don't shave my legs because I ride road bikes, I ride road bikes so I can shave my legs."
Legs account for approximately 36% of the body's surface. That's a lot of work and a lot of potential for irritation. For men, add another 3 to 4% for the face and neck and shaving becomes a task.
My dentist once told me that the when it comes to tooth brushing, the brush is what does the work and the paste is there just to make the activity more pleasant. I find the opposite to be true for shaving.
One can buy into all the pizzazz of the latest 'Wonder Razor' advertised every Superbowl Sunday but I've found a safety razor or twin blade does the trick. All those extra blades just get clogged up, they don't last very long and they sure cost a pretty penny. It's the shave cream in combination with hot water that, for me at least, does the work.
More than ever before though, I've come to enjoy my shaving experience because of shave cream. Specifically, Rapha Shaving Cream. Just spinning the top off the tin and seeing the embossed "Ventoux" is a pleasant enough mental distraction for me. At that point I'm already in a good place. The cream lathers up just thick enough to prepare the whiskers but not so sticky and thick that it won't rinse from the blade. I get a nice, smooth finish and my skin is nicely moisturized. Used tins also make great storage for nuts and bolts, treasure, or just for pens and pencils.
- Well done to @AlanLyne who won through @sticky_bottle a day in the @raphacondor JLT team car for the last stage of the @anpostras
- Last Night: http://t.co/K8ZACmUGGK
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.