Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Lehigh Valley Rapha Gentlemen's Race
The third annual Rapha NE Gentlemen's Race took place on the 21st of May in the beautiful Lehigh Valley. Twenty teams approached the rolling hills of Western Pennsylvania knowing that the day would likely be a memorable day of riding.
On paper, the 135-mile Bill Strickland designed course looked challenging, but manageable. Turns out, this part of the country gives a whole other meaning to the phrase 'rolling hills'. The climbing seemed eternal, the descents far too short, the gravel brutal. To top it all off, there is a hill called Bake Oven Road where the "road" betters you coming and going with a unique mix of clay that sticks to your tires on the uphill and potholes larger than a man-hole on the way down.
Perfect ingredients for a successful Gentlemen's Race. Finishing ala Roubaix in the Lehigh Valley Velodrome, smiles prevailed over the hurting legs. Riding an additional 15-miles because of a wrong turn was soon forgotten by cold beer and shared misery in the form of satisfaction.
The winners were the trio of tandems from Boston called the 52 Vincents. Second place was Moots, from Steamboat, CO. The home team from Bicycling Magazine clocked the fastest time with 8 hours and 55 minutes. (Note: yes, that was the fastest time of the day, not a typo.)
A huge congrats and thanks to all who said yes and partook this year as we moved down the east coast to PA. And, a huge thanks to all at Bicycling Magazine and Rodale for helping make this race one to remember.
The full race report, photos and film to come mid-June.
Photos: Chris Milliman
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…