Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Legends of Roubaix: Peter Post
Peter Post: Nov/12/1933 – Jan/14/2011
Over the next few months we’ll be celebrating Paris-Roubaix and the history, heroes and drama of this incredible race. We’ll also be honouring some of the illustrious men that have braved the cobbles of the Hell of the North. First off we have Peter Post, the first Dutchman to win Paris-Roubaix, who sadly passed away last week.
The ‘Keizer’ of the six-days was, as the name would suggest, one of the most successful six-day racers in history. He partnered with Belgian track legend Patrick Sercu for numerous victories and, in 1965, set the derny paced hour record of 64km at the velodrome in Antwerp.
On the road Post began his pro racing career for the Dutch bike manufacturers RIH Sport. In 1963 he won the Tour of Belgium and his national road race title. The following year he rode Paris-Roubaix for the Flandria-Romeo team. Battling with the likes of Raymond Poulidor, Rudi Altig and classics master Rik Van Looy, Post helped set the incredibly fast-paced break, which left such names behind. He entered the velodrome at Roubaix with four others and won the sprint to the line. Although nowadays the route is different, the 1964 edition of L’Enfer du Nord still stands as the fastest paced in history. Thus Post’s 45km hour average over 265km makes him the fastest ever Roubaix winner.
Post went on to have great successes as team manager of the Dutch-based TI-Raleigh team with his hard-nosed approach, culminating in the 1980 yellow jersey for Joop Zoetemelk and 11 stage wins for his team. He is ranked as one of the most successful team directors the sport has ever seen.
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG