We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Leave it on the road
Come Monday morning, people will be having their coffee. Some will be planning out the week ahead, perhaps thinking of the time they spent on the bike the previous days. This Monday morning, June 17th, Michael Tabtabai and Andrew Hudon will be undertaking a bit more with their week and the weeks that follow. In their attempt to traverse the United States in 24 days, they will Leave it on the Road in more ways than one. Tabtabai and Hudon are making the trip to raise money and awareness for the treatment of colon cancer. The planning alone is a Herculean project and Michael stopped by the other day to show off one of the final — and most important — pieces of the puzzle.
The Speedvagen machines that Andrew and Michael will be riding have been given a special paint scheme to match the Leave it on the Road style. It was a mystery that they left in the capable hands of bicycle builder Sacha White, who has become well known for his strange and beautiful paint pairings. The addition of SRAM 22 (for testing purposes only) and beautiful gold Chris King hubs that paired with Enve hoops are enough to make anyone turn green.
We chose to help support Michael and Andrew with the clothing aspect of their endeavor. As they make their way from the cool Pacific Northwest towards the warmer shores of the East Coast they will go from the Classic Jersey through the Pro Team Jersey and end up in the Super-Lightweight Jersey. Well, truth be told they are allowed to mix it up every once in a while, but that was the initial thinking. Keep an eye on their instagram feed for shots of not only the clothing, but all the goods in action.
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG