Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Le Tour 2011: The Old-Style Race
Scan courtesy of Numerius
By Graeme Fife
No Prologue, racing from the first gun…two of the favourites, Contador and Evans scrapping for the win on Stage 4, Contador evidently keen to show he was still in the fight despite losing time from the off…The butcher’s bill was horrible and we lament the exit of them all, Wiggins in the form of his life, but bravo to the matured Sky team for sticking to it and Boasson Hagen’s stage wins. And that other Norwegian rider, curse of the rainbow jersey quashed by a magnificent Hushovd…Cavendish mastering the petulance in his make-up (sharp words from Peiper: Learn the métier, mate), canalising the emotion and giving full vent to the power in his legs for sweet green…Andy Schleck redeeming the failure to take on the Pyrenees with anything like the show of strength they demanded with a wonderful ride to the Tour’s highest ever finish on the Galibier, cheered on by Merckx, standing in the sunroof of Prudhomme’s car…Evans’ gritty chase behind him, taking the responsibility, square on, to close down the time gap…Voeckler, ah, Voeckler, driving himself to the limit and apparently beyond it, until he acceded and told the amazing Rolland 'Go on, take your chance' which he did, victory on l’Alpe d’Huez, over the whole pack of big hitters, Contador, Sanchez et al…Evans’ tenacious self belief driving him steadily to the overall win, limiting the losses and delivering a thumping time trial…but emphatically Voeckler’s Tour, his Europcar team, second division, ten days in yellow, fourth overall, stage win and the white jersey… Chapeau.
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries