We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Le Tour 2011: The Director's Car
Photo by Simon Mottram
We asked Yann Le Moenner, General Director of ASO, about his impressions of this year's Tour:
"I was particularly impressed by the incredible number of spectators at the beginning, but above all in the mountains. Admittedly, the performances of the French riders were the initial reason for this enthusiasm, but the variety of flags, in particular the Norwegian ones at the finish, was remarkable. As for the smooth running of the competition, although I have the viewpoint of an organiser who is concerned by safety during the race in particular, I too was won over by the sports performances that we witnessed this year. The guests that I had in my car were very enthusiastic about the race and asked our driver, Jean-Claude Bagot, the former rider, dozens of questions. This edition was wonderful from beginning to end."
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G