Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
The fifth Nocturne at Smithfield Market in Central London on Saturday 11 June was, once again, a phenomenal event. Unusually, an accompanying downpour of rain failed to materialise, meaning contests such as the Penny Farthing Race, Longest Skid Competition, and Folding Bike Race, were conducted in the relative safety of a dry tarmac arena.
The Elite Criterium had a great build up from both the Support Race and Women's Criterium preceding it, while darkness, which had been queuing patiently alongside hordes of Londoners waiting to get into the clubs and bars of the capital, got in the door right on time for the main event. Flood lights came on to electrify the atmosphere as the pros stepped up to the start line in superhero fashion. The Rapha Condor Sharp boys all dressed in white skinsuits displaying the words 'Every Day is a New Beginning', designed by Sir Paul Smith in aid of The Japanese Earthquake Appeal.
150 jerseys will be available soon.
And a superhero performance was to be enjoyed by all as 21 year-old Team Sky rider, Alex Dowsett from Essex, pulled off a first for the Nocturne by amazingly lapping the field. Rapha Condor Sharp's James McCallum, winner of the first Smithfield Nocturne, grabbed 2nd place from the charging bunch, but once again the home team were humbled by the calibre of a continental professional. It's all to play for next year!
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…