Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
The fifth Nocturne at Smithfield Market in Central London on Saturday 11 June was, once again, a phenomenal event. Unusually, an accompanying downpour of rain failed to materialise, meaning contests such as the Penny Farthing Race, Longest Skid Competition, and Folding Bike Race, were conducted in the relative safety of a dry tarmac arena.
The Elite Criterium had a great build up from both the Support Race and Women's Criterium preceding it, while darkness, which had been queuing patiently alongside hordes of Londoners waiting to get into the clubs and bars of the capital, got in the door right on time for the main event. Flood lights came on to electrify the atmosphere as the pros stepped up to the start line in superhero fashion. The Rapha Condor Sharp boys all dressed in white skinsuits displaying the words 'Every Day is a New Beginning', designed by Sir Paul Smith in aid of The Japanese Earthquake Appeal.
150 jerseys will be available soon.
And a superhero performance was to be enjoyed by all as 21 year-old Team Sky rider, Alex Dowsett from Essex, pulled off a first for the Nocturne by amazingly lapping the field. Rapha Condor Sharp's James McCallum, winner of the first Smithfield Nocturne, grabbed 2nd place from the charging bunch, but once again the home team were humbled by the calibre of a continental professional. It's all to play for next year!
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!