[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Kissing with Helmets
Last Saturday our good friends Edie Perkins and Brett Cleaver (who worked at the NYC Cycle Club and races for Rapha Racing NYC) said their vows, exchanged rings and sealed it with a kiss. They then hopped a cross-country flight for Portland to be reunited with their his & her IF Crown Jewels that will take them back to NYC—one pedal stroke at a time.
To know Brett even a little is to know that whatever he does, he does with style and detailed coordination. Edie, it turns out was a 2:52 marathoner not long ago (humbly sharing that she was a women's top-20 at the Boston Marathon in 2004) and can likely tear the legs of most of us. Let's just say the are a strong, strong riding couple.
However, once you load 80 pounds of packs (and for some reason you (Brett) decided that neither of you should ride a triple or at least a compact on the front), anything can happen. But, like life and marriage, it's figuring it out as you go that makes the journey worthwhile.
You can follow along with them at Kissing With Helmets for the next six weeks as they honeymoon their way back home to New York.
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG
- Sunday morning race day, church car park scene. @anpostras #ras2013 http://t.co/2E1UlfAxhe
- Will all these numbers be able to wear the coveted t-shirt in one weeks time? #menoftheras #ras2013 http://t.co/ai1oqnDIyh
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU